Monday, December 13, 2010

Land's End

A few weeks ago I took Melissa to work in SF and then headed across the city to look at potential neighborhoods to live in. I drove up and down the avenues did not see any for rent signs. I decided to head out to the beach for some sight seeing. I saw some kind of park so I pulled in and grabbed my camera. The park was called Point Lobos.

I first saw these cool and trees and thought, "Wow, those are some cool trees."....
Photobucket

and then I saw this!......
Photobucket

Sutro baths. A decayed foundation and sea battered concrete? I almost wet myself in excitement at the kipple.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After taking a photo of nearly every chunk of weathered material possible I headed toward the cliff house and Ocean Beach....

Rugged coastline...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

next I headed the other direction into the Golden Gate recreation area. The paved trail soon disappeared and became a muddy path. I love muddy paths...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If I had the time I would have walked all the way to Marin, but I stopped here and walked back through pouring rain...

Photobucket


When I got back it was still pouring, but I was already soaked so I walked through Sutro park and the foundation of the mansion....
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, as usual, but this looks like a very dangerous area to be walking around... BE CAREFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete